Membership Terms and Conditions
DogTravel Company membership and its benefits are offered at the discretion of DogTravel Company, LLC. DogTravel Company and its travel partners have the right to change, limit, modify, or cancel program rules, regulations, rewards, prices, travel services including flights, rail service, cruise service, or vacations, and reward levels at any time, with or without notice, even though such changes may affect the value of points already accumulated, the ability to use accumulated points, or the ability to obtain certain rewards. DogTravel Company and its travel partners may, among other things: (a) increase or decrease the number of points received required for a reward; (b) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any reward; (c) add blackout dates, limit availability for any reward with any participating partner, or otherwise restrict the continued availability of rewards; (d) change program benefits, travel partners, locations served by DogTravel Company or its travel partners, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining, or forfeiting points, or rules governing the use of rewards; (e) change or cancel its travel and travel partner rewards. The accumulation of points does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to points, rewards, or program benefits. In accumulating points, members may not rely upon the continued availability of any reward or reward level.
1. Dogtravel Company memberships are non-refundable.
2. Each member is responsible for reading the Dogtravel Company Terms and Conditions, Rules, any guides, newsletters, and account information in order to understand his or her rights, responsibilities, and status in the program.
3. Participation in the Dogtravel Company Travel Program, PetPromise Program, or any other Dogtravel Company Program is subject to the terms and conditions, rules, regulations, policies and procedures ("program rules") that Dogtravel Company may, in its discretion, adopt from time to time. Dogtravel Company may amend the program rules at any time without notice. Dogtravel Company has the sole discretion to interpret and apply the program rules.
4. Dogtravel Company has the right to increase or decrease its annual membership fees at any time. Membership dues are non-refundable.
5. All Dogtravel Company’s Programs’ structure is subject to modification, cancellation, or limitation at Dogtravel Company's discretion, with or without notice. Program requirements may be substantially increased. Programs may be withdrawn, and restrictions on any program may be imposed at any time.
6. Dogtravel Company has the right to end any Dogtravel Company program by providing written notice to its members two months in advance of program termination. In that event, the right to earn points and miles and redeem for rewards may end two months after notification, no matter the extent of member participation in the program.
7. After applying to the Dogtravel Company program, a membership number will be assigned to each applicant. Upon receiving this number, an individual becomes eligible to participate in Dogtravel Company programs.
8. An account may be closed at Dogtravel Company's discretion if the member is not in compliance with Dogtravel Company terms and conditions, rules, regulations, guidelines, and policies and procedures. All points in the account will be forfeited at that time.
9. In the case of fraud or abuse involving Dogtravel Company Travel Programs, PetPromise, mileage credit, reward use, or a participating hotel, Dogtravel Company and its travel partners have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, and all rewards or points and certificates earned through Dogtravel Company Rewards may be forfeited and the account closed.
10. Membership in Dogtravel Company Programs, including any reward certificates that may have been issued to a member, may be revoked or suspended at Dogtravel Company's sole discretion if a member fails to pay any related membership dues, related fees, Dogtravel Company Rewards fees, or bills and/or fees from any travel through Dogtravel Company participating hotels, resorts, B&B’s, rental properties, car rentals, tours or any other accounts at participating Dogtravel Company partners when due.
11. The awarding of Dogtravel Company Rewards points, and the redemption of Dogtravel Company Rewards certificates are void where prohibited by law.
12. When traveling on business, it is the member's responsibility to comply with his or her company policy concerning travel programs. Information regarding a member's accumulation of points is subject to disclosure to the member's company or organization.
13. You may be provided with the ability to use usernames, passwords, or other codes or devices to gain access to restricted portions of the dogtravelcompany.com site ("access codes"). The content contained in such restricted areas is confidential to Dogtravel Company, and is provided to you for your personal use only. We reserve the right to prohibit the use of such access codes on your behalf by third parties where we determine that such use interferes with our site's operation or results in commercial benefits for other entities to our detriment.
Conditions for Enrollment
1. Only individuals and their dogs are eligible for Dogtravel Company membership, and each individual may maintain only one account. Corporations, groups and/or associated entities cannot enroll as Dogtravel Company Rewards members. (Corporations, groups, and/or associated entities may be eligible to enroll as affiliate members. Please see Terms & Conditions for Affiliate Programs)
2. Respecting your privacy is a priority for us. However, in order to keep you apprised of your Dogtravel Company membership status, and book travel, it is important that we send you certain program information that may include printed periodic statements of your account and other information necessary for administration; printed or email marketing materials from Dogtravel Company (including Dogtravel Company Rewards, Dogtravel Company partners, Pet Promise and other brands owned by Dogtravel Company and other Dogtravel Company companies) which will inform you of special offers and products we believe would be of interest to you; and marketing materials from third parties that have a strategic marketing relationship with the Dogtravel Company Programs. The information you provide to us when enrolling in Dogtravel Company Rewards and redeeming points is processed in our computer system in the United States. As a participant in Dogtravel Company membership programs, you have consented to receive all of the kinds of information described above. However, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of mailings from such third parties and from e-mails from Dogtravel Company.
1. All customer service issues must be submitted in writing and received no later than 30 calendar days following your return from travel. Claims for refund of undelivered services must be accompanied by payment receipt(s) and local documentation. There will be no refunds issued for Dogtravel Company membership or any travel services that the member has cancelled once paid for, or unused flights, rail travel, cruises, package tour services or features, including missed transfers due to air or train changes and/or missed flights, trains, or ships, unused meals, missed sightseeing tours, unused entrance fees, and accommodations. Air flight or train delays for any reason are not the responsibility of Dogtravel Company. Processing of claims will take up to eight weeks from the date Dogtravel Company receives relevant documents. These terms may not be changed by anyone other than an authorized representative of Dogtravel Company and must be documented in writing. Dogtravel Company is not obliged to guarantee promises (written or verbal) made by local hotel staff, tour guides, or any other persons not under direct employ of Dogtravel Company.
Use of Dogtravelcompany.net
Agreement between Customer and Dogtravel Company: Dogtravelcompany.net is offered to our members, conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of dogtravelcompany.net constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
Liability Disclaimer: The information, products, and services published on this web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the information which appears here. The content of this site is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, or available and may be changed at any time without notice. Dogtravel Company may make improvements or changes on this web site at any time. In no event shall Dogtravel Company be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising our of, or in any way connected with, the use of this web site, or for any information, products, and services obtained through this web site, or otherwise arising out of the use of this web site.
Links to Other Web Sites: Dogtravelcompany.com may contain hyperlinks to web sites operated by parties other than Dogtravel Company. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. Dogtravel Company does not control such web sites and is not responsible for their contents.
Travel Booking, Payment & Cancellation Terms & Conditions
1. DogTravel Company, LLC acts as the agent between members and our travel partners.
2. Dogtravel Company is a membership based Travel Services Organization. Only Active Dogtravel Company members in good standing may request or purchase travel with Dogtravel Company.
3. Travel bookings must be made through the members-only portal at www.dogtravelcompany.net or by calling 914-500-1750, or by contacting a Dogtravel Company authorized Travel Agent.
4. Reservations less than $500 will be subject to a $50 fee.
5. Reservations made 30 days or less prior to departure will be subject to a $50 fee. All reservations must be made no later than 15 days prior to departure. If requested services cannot be confirmed, deposit and booking fee will be refunded. If services are confirmed, payment must be made in full to confirm booking.
6. Pricing on aircraft is per seat unless otherwise specified. On aircraft each canine passenger must sit in and purchase their own seat. Pricing on train is per person and dog pair, unless otherwise specified. Pricing on accommodations is based on double occupancy. Prices on all travel do not include personal items, laundry, wine, beer, beverages, food, passport and visa fees, airport taxes and fees, or foreign taxes unless otherwise specified within the package inclusion.
7. Air and cruise fuel surcharges are included in our prices. Fuel surcharges are subject to change without notice due to fluctuating fuel prices. We reserve the right to amend your airfare or cruise price due to increases in fuel surcharges imposed by partner air or cruise operators. To avoid potential increases, you may choose to pay for your air tickets or cruise in full at any time. Once issued, air tickets may be subject to potential increases. Once purchased all travel is fully non-refundable. Dogtravel Company maintains the right to assess fuel surcharges up to 30 days prior to departure.
8. Payment in Full is required for all Air, Train, Sea, River travel and vacation package travel 45 days prior to departure date.
9. Payment can be made directly on www.dogtravelcompany.net, or by calling 914-500-1750 ext. 1, or through an authorized DogTravel Company Travel Agent
10. Dogtravel Company accepts the following forms of payment: American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, PayPal, wire transfer, money order, or certified check. Third party credit cards are not accepted. Only Major Credit Cards are accepted with charges made by phone. Payments made by wire transfer must include an additional $25 wire transfer fee. If checks are acceptable, there is a $30 fee for returned checks.
11. Once full payment is received, air, rail, cruise, or vacation confirmations will be issued and are fully non-refundable. 50% of the Non-refundable fares may be used as credit toward the purchase of another air, rail, cruise or vacation ticket. provided your travel plans have been changed within 45 days prior to scheduled travel date. Credit from cancellations must be used within 365 days from the date of cancellation otherwise credit will expire.
12. A $50 name change fee applies to land only bookings. Any other change to an existing reservation, including a name change on an air or train reservation, requires full cancellation and re-booking and will be subject to full cancellation fees. The cost of any changes or additions after departure will be at the local rate at the time of the amendment and must be borne by the passenger.
13. Passengers are responsible to ensure that DogTravel Company has the correct spelling of their name, mailing address, phone number, email , fax data, and dog’s name, weight, and measurements as needed for FAA approved safety harness. Names printed on the invoice must exactly match the first and last name written in their passport (middle names or initials are not needed). DogTravel Company will not be responsible for passengers who do not receive an invoice or documents due to inaccurate information.
14. Passengers are responsible for ensuring that they and their dogs have the proper travel documents and MUST CHECK with the respective consulate(s), embassy or visa agency to determine whether any health certificates, visas, permits, or passports are required. Passports are required to be valid for at least 6 months after the date of travel. Due to the new government directive requiring US citizens traveling to the Caribbean and Bahamas to have passports, processing of new and renewed applications can take up to 6 months. Dog Health Certificates must be issued within 10 - 2 days prior to travel depending on the laws of the country (countries) or states you plan to travel to with your dog. Members are responsible for ensuring that their dogs is current with all health requirements for entry into foreign countries or states with quarantine laws or direct release programs. Dogtravel Company is in no way responsible for your dog's compliance with these regulations. If your dog arrives at your destination and is deemed not to be in compliance with these regulations by local authorities, it will be the owner's responsibility to cover all costs to transport their dog back to their home country or cover boarding / quarantine costs. Dogtravel very strongly urges all members to contact the local authorities prior to travel to find out exactly what the current regulations and requirements are and remain in contact with them throughout the period before departure verifying that they are in compliance with all regulations and requirements for direct entry. Local laws and requirements are always subject to change and no member / owner should never assume that the local laws, rules, requirements and regulations at their end destination are the same as they were a few months before.
15. Due to personal emergencies that may affect your travel plans, the cost of your trip may increase. Comprehensive trip insurance is therefore highly recommended by Dogtravel Company. Your premium is related to your trip cost, so you don’t have to worry about being over-insured.
16. All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age for children on escorted or guided tours is six. There is no minimum age on independent packages. Discounts for children sharing a room as third may apply to children under 12.
17. Tour participants requiring any form of assistance are required to notify Dogtravel Company in writing at the time of reservation, and must be accompanied by an individual responsible for providing those services. Tour managers, guides, drivers or other tour, hotel, ship personnel are not able to provide such assistance. Dogtravel Company reserves the right to remove any person from a tour who has not provided the required notification and has not received written confirmation from Dogtravel Company. All related expenses, including those to return home, will be borne by the passenger.
18. Air schedules, flights, and train schedules are subject to change without notice.
19. Any name change including minor spelling corrections may require air or train reservations to be canceled and rebooked. Reservations are subject to current availability and pricing at the time of re-booking. Once air or train tickets are issued, subsequent name corrections will be subject to an air or train re-booking fee which may be as much as the full value of the air or train ticket plus a $50 revision fee per change. Dogtravel Company will not be held responsible for the denial of services by a carrier due to any name discrepancy. Name changes must be advised in writing.
20. To ensure the desired group synergy on board a plane, train, ship, or during a group vacation package, Dogtravel Company reserves the right to accept, reject or expel any individual or dog who is deemed disruptive or incompatible with the interests of the group. All expenses to do so will be borne by the passenger.
21. Dogtravel Company and its representatives domestically and abroad act only as independent contractors acting on behalf of neither the customer nor the suppliers and principals. All exchange orders, coupons, and tickets, whether paper or electronic, are issued subject to the terms and conditions under which such means of transportation, accommodations, and other services are offered or provided. The issuance and acceptance of such documents shall be deemed to be consent to the further conditions. Dogtravel Company does not own nor operate the hotels, trains, motor coaches, aircraft, cruise ships, or any other service providers which compose their tours, and will not be held responsible for changes and/or cancellations for any reason by any operators or suppliers including all air, rail, hotels or cruise ships.
The Travel Agent and/or Tour Operator, Dogtravel Company, shall not be in any way liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity in any vehicle, or through the act of default of any company, or person engaged in conveying passengers, or of any hotel proprietor, personnel, servant or any other person otherwise in connection therewith. Dogtravel Company shall not be held responsible for potential risks and hazards associated with travel to destinations included in this brochure, where injury, delay, or unanticipated events may occur. Dogtravel Company shall not assume responsibility for standards of quality, hygiene, political stability, cuisine, sanitation facilities, cleanliness, telecommunications facilities, methods of conducting business, emergency medical evacuation, treatment, or medical services found in these destinations. Travel to these areas may entail risks including but not limited to the hazards of traveling in politically unstable areas, civil disturbances, war, and arbitrary changes mandated by government authorities or private concerns. It is the responsibility of the passenger(s) to check with the U.S. State Department, Consular Information, http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis_pa_tw_1168.html for any current advisories and updates to the destinations on their itinerary. Dogtravel Company shall be held harmless from any and all liability in connection with the foregoing. Dogtravel Company cannot accept responsibility for loss or expense due to delay or changes in transportation schedule or other causes. Dogtravel Company shall not be held responsible for potential loss of services due to inclement weather conditions.
22. Any and all disputes concerning this contract, the brochure or web site, or your trip shall be resolved solely and exclusively by binding arbitration according to the then current rules of the American Arbitration Association in Virginia, and any such arbitration must take place in Fairfax County, VA. In any such arbitration, the substantive law of the Commonwealth of Virginia will apply.